Copyright © 2016 ReverendFrank.com. All Rights Reserved.
...where hearts are joined.
Pennsylvania & New Jersey Wedding Officiant
Also available for Christenings/Baptisms,
Baby Blessings and
Serving PA Counties of Lebanon, Lancaster, Dauphin & Berks
NJ Counties of Monmouth & Northern Ocean.
Frequently Asked Questions
· How many wedding do you officiate a year? As many times as I am asked to. Honestly, I don't keep a count but if you need a number I would estimate that I officiate about 80 - 100 ceremonies a year. I think you'll agree that it's not so much as "How Many" ceremonies as it is the Quality of the ceremony. I'll let those who I've served speak for themselves. Please see my REVIEWS.
· What makes you different from other wedding officiants? Why should we hire you? Performing ceremonies is not so much my primary business as it is my primary desire. My love for performing these ceremonies is reflected in the quality you will receive from me. You will find that I put my all into personalizing your ceremony. I will do my best to put you at ease during the ceremony and eliminate all the stress that has built up. You will have unlimited direct access to me by phone and email to answer your questions or address your concerns. You will always get more than your money's worth.
· What can we expect on the day of our ceremony?
On the day of your ceremony, I will arrive about 45 minutes early to coordinate with the photographer/videographer, DJ/music performers and venue maitre 'd. I will set up my portable PA system for use during the ceremony. Once set, I'll locate you both to obtain your marriage license.
· Why are your rates less than those of most other Officiants?
Simply put, I don;t like ripping people off.
You see, my wife and I were married in front of the fireplace of the home we had just moved into. The officiant we selected lived in town, not more than 5 miles away. She charged us $450.00 for her services. She did not offer us the option of writing our own vows, there was no rehearsal and we only met once before the wedding date. She showed up and performed the ceremony. After the ceremony, she handed us a copy of the ceremony took my check and left. Never to be heard from again. Simply put, I felt we were taken advantage of.
To date, I have heard of officiants charging $1000.00 and more plus travel fees for officiating a wedding with the standard rate between $450 and $600. Why???? I put as much if not more time into the creation of a ceremony as they do. Yet, my maximum rate is considerably less.
My rates are not only set to fit within most any budget but I'm willing to work with any couple to make it fit without skimping on the services I provide. If you review my WEDDINGS page, you will find my rates and the services I provide with each ceremony.
· What are your standard payment terms? In order to reserve your date, a 50% non-refundable deposit is required at the time the contract is signed. The remaining 50% is due in cash on the day of the ceremony before the ceremony begins.
· How far are you willing to travel? Is there a travel fee? I will travel throughout South Central Pennsylvania. Travel fees would be charged for ceremonies and rehearsals beyond a 20 mile r/t drive from Myerstown, PA. Please refer to Additional Fees.
· What kind of pre-wedding counseling is required, if any? I do not require any pre-wedding counseling. However, if at our first meeting I sense any issues, I will discuss the issue with you.
· How long after the ceremony do you file for the official marriage license? By law, I must return your Marriage Certificate to the clerk of the county where the license was obtained within 5 days. All certificates are mailed on the 1st business day following the ceremony. For Weekday ceremonies, the certificate is mailed within 24 hours.
· What documents do I need to bring to our first meeting? The first meeting is typically a "get to know you" meeting. This is where we will discuss the date & time the venue, the wedding party, etc. I will also request that you each bring photo ID so I can confirm you are who you say you are. Also, if you have an idea of the ceremony, readings and or vows you would like included, please bring them along.
· Will you marry couples of different faiths or previous divorce? Absolutely!!
· How long does the ceremony usually last? A typical ceremony lasts 15 - 25 minutes. It depends on the ceremony you select plus the vows, readings, etc..
· Do you normally attend the reception? While some Officiants will and expect you to pay for their free meal and drinks so they can network to possibly get more business, I do not.
I feel this is your day, for you, your friends and family. After the ceremony I will request you both pose for a quick picture, offer you both my congratualtions and drive off into the sunset. You can see pictures I have taken on the Happy Couples page or on my Facebook page.
· Do you have a back up officiant, in case of an emergency? Yes. I have your ceremony and location ready to go and can be provided to another Officiant in the event of an emergency.
· Will you allow us to write our own vows? Absolutely! In fact I encourage it. It's your day and your ceremony will be the way YOU want it.
· Can we read or hear your ceremony before our wedding day? Yes! Each ceremony is created with as much input from the couple as they wish. When complete, a copy is provided to the couple for final aproval. The couple will have unlimited direct access to me by phone and email.
· In which states and communities are you licensed to officiate ceremonies? Although I am licensed in all states, my services are limited to Pennsylvania. As each county has it's own rules and regs, upon booking me, if it's the first time I officiate in your county, I will contact your county Widows and Orphans clerk to be sure I am in compliance and take the necessary steps to meet any necessary requirements.